Drupal Simplenews Statistics Module Multiple Vulnerabilities
SECUNIA ADVISORY ID:
Some vulnerabilities and a weakness have been reported in the
Simplenews Statistics module for Drupal, which can be exploited by
malicious people to conduct cross-site scripting, cross-site request
forgery, and spoofing attacks.
1) Certain input passed to unspecified parameters in not properly
sanitised before being displayed to the user. This can be exploited
to execute arbitrary HTML and script code in a user's browser session
in context of an affected site.
2) The module allows users to perform certain actions via HTTP
requests without performing any validity checks to verify the
requests, which can be exploited to e.g. hijack accounts of other
logged in users.
3) A weakness is caused due the module using certain parameters to
redirect users without validation. This can be exploited to e.g.
redirect a user to visit a malicious site.
The vulnerabilities and the weakness are reported in versions prior
Update to version 6.x-2.0.
PROVIDED AND/OR DISCOVERED BY:
1) and 2) The vendor credits Dylan Wilder-Tack.
3) The vendor credits John Pettitt.